COVID-19 Updates and Information
From the office of the Mayor
Last updated recommendations from the Porcupine Health Unit (October 15, 2020):
"To reduce the risk of exposure, we remind community members to continue to follow public health measures:
• Wash your hands often with soap and water or alcohol-based hand sanitizer,
• Self-monitor for symptoms,
• Screen daily before work/school: https://covid-19.ontario.ca/self-assessment/,
• Stay home and self-isolate if you have any symptoms,
• Practice 2 metres (6 feet) physical distancing
• Sneeze and cough into your sleeve/elbow,
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth,
• Wear a face covering in indoor public spaces,
• Wear a mask indoors in non-public spaces and outdoors when physical distancing of 2 metres (6 feet) cannot be maintained.
Our COVID-19 Information line is open today from 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Call the toll-free number, 1-800-461-1818 or the PHU office in your community. See phu.fyi/offices for local contact numbers."
Last update regarding social gathering limits from the Ontario government:
"Effective September 19, the new maximum number of people permitted to attend organized public events and social gatherings, except where the event is held at a place operated by a business or organization in accordance with O. Reg. 364/20, is reduced to 10 people indoors (previous limit of 50) and 25 people outdoors (previous limit of 100) in all regions. This includes functions, parties, dinners, gatherings, BBQs or wedding receptions (but not ceremonies) held in private residences, backyards, parks and other recreational areas."
- For more regular updates on the COVID-19 in the Porcupine area, please visit the porcupine health Unit's website -